A last reminder the annual Felton Library Festival this Saturday, 12:30-3:30 (full details below). Please tell your friends and neighbors about this marvelous free celebration of our Valley’s commitment to excellent library services.
Tickets to the drawing can be purchased at the Festival and at Felton New Leaf tomorrow (Friday) from 10 to 12 —you choose which prize(s) you’d like to take a chance on.
Felton Library Festival, an Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Social and Watermelon Feed
Saturday, September 12, 12:30-3:30 p.m. on the site of the future Felton Library (next to the Felton PO)
- Free admission—fun for all ages!
- Great food: Marianne’s ice cream cones and sundaes, chocolate sauce from Desperately Seeking Chocolate, watermelon, pizza from Redwood Pizzeria, and drinks.
- Entertainment on stage: Beth Hollenbeck & Jayme Kelly Curtis; Patti Maxine & Friends; The Marbled Murrelets; Little People’s Theater Singers
- Free children’s activities: book making, magic lessons from the Great Blindini, apple activities by Camp Joy, food art from SLVUSD Food Program, face painting,
- Children’s book swap/sale (children up to age 12 are encouraged to bring up to five books to swap Literary cupcake walk,
- Drawing for five prizes worth $100 or more (need not be present to win),
- Library Director Teresa Landers will speak briefly. Felton Library architect Teall Messer will be on hand to show and discuss preliminary plans and artist renderings.
This annual event celebrates the site of the new Felton library, offered to the library system by the Verutti family, as progress continues on efforts to build a modern library for the entire San Lorenzo Valley.