Have your say about library budget priorities at the March 1 meeting of the Library Joint Powers Board.
The Board and Director want to hear from the public about what is important as they begin to prepare next year's budget. Speak directly to the Board on Monday March 1, 7:00-9:30pm in the Central Branch Meeting Room.
While it is important that each speaker or writer express themselves individually, here are some of the points raised by those who attended yesterday's FLF meeting with Supervisor and Joint Powers Board member Mark Stone:
- Felton hours took a larger percentage cut to open hours than any other branch.
- We are concerned that with so few hours, Felton users are forced to go to other branches, thereby reducing Felton usage statistics.
- Felton users strongly desire branch hours on Saturday.
- The recent Strategic Plan surveys asked which branch we use -- it did not provide a way to say that we use another branch because our branch is closed or inaccessible.
- SLV voters strongly supported Measure B and Measure R with the expectation of improved services to the San Lorenzo Valley. The Library system has not followed through on the intent of those measures.
- Library system resources are not being distributed equitably. Users in the San Lorenzo Valley, despite contributing equally in terms of property and sales tax, are not receiving library services comparable to other areas of the County.
You may send your letters to Director Teresa Landers at:
email: "Teresa Landers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
mail: Santa Cruz Public Library, Administration Headquarters, 117 Union St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Thank you for your support of library services in the San Lorenzo Valley.