Felton Library Friends is grateful to all who made this year's Festival a tremendous success. The Festival and New Leaf Community Day together added over $5000 to the fund that we’ll use to launch our community capital campaign for furnishings and equipment for the library once the base funding is secured.
As important were the wonderful community connections -- residents meeting with Library Director Teresa Landers and architect Teall Messer to discuss building plans, families enjoying delicious food and the musical talent of the San Lorenzo Valley, and children creating and swapping books and enjoying many other wonderful activities provided by community groups.
Special thanks to:
- More than fifty dedicated community volunteers who made the event possible
- Event preparation helpers: Ron Campbell, John Fasolas, Ron Rickabaugh & Felton Fire Protection District, Get Rooted Landscaping
- Children’s activities: Camp Joy, SVLUSD Charter Schools, Mt. Hermon Playschool, SLVUSD Lunch Program.
- Food Suppliers: Marianne’s Ice Cream, Redwood Pizzeria, Phil Foster Ranch, Live Earth Farms, Desperately Seeking Chocolate, Tacqueria Vallarta.
- Performers: Beth Hollenbeck and Jayme Kelly Curtis; Patti Maxine and Friends; The Marbled Murrelets; Little People’s Theater Singers
- Sound and Photography: Julie Rix, Brian Frus
- Drawing Donors: New Leaf Community Market, Cynthia Sandberg, Renee Shepherd, Beth Benjamin, Cowboy Bar & Grill, Mama Mia’s, Tyrolean Inn, Oak Tree Ristorante, Coffee 9, Cowboy Bar & Grill, Jenna Sue, Mt. Roasting, Spanky’s, White Raven, Felton Farmers Market, Bookshop Santa Cruz, Capitola Book Café, Logos, Friends of the Santa Cruz Public Library